Let me explain what I mean by that, (and how to tap into it):
Alchemy can be defined as any seemingly magical process of transforming or combining elements into something new– usually turning something of little or misunderstood value into something of a gift. Alchemy can be as simple as an active choice to shift our perspective from scarcity to gratitude. It can be as grand as discovering your path to living with purpose.
Ceremonies elevate the significance of any moment by combining the powers of intention and present consciousness. There is great power in ceremony and in ritual, because when we consciously designate purpose to a moment and an act, we are tapping into our own power to imbue our life and our actions with greater significance. Ceremonies make even the most mundane of things memorable, and therefore whatever we focus on during them will be infused with its own gravitational pull; our thoughts and emotions will be drawn to it, like bees to flowers.
If we consciously choose to hold the Solar Year Shift as an alchemical ceremony, imagine the honey we will taste!
My suggestion for a NYE Ceremony is simple, although I strongly encourage you to make it as elaborate as you wish, be it with candles, incense, flowers, music, and/or a fruit and nut platter. Remember that the more intentional you can be with it the more power there is behind it. Set the mood however you can.
- Find at least 15 minutes on December 31st to grab some pieces of paper and a pen.
- Find a comfortable seat, and take three deep breaths. One for the year that is passing, imagine letting it go with the outbreath. One for the present moment, thank yourself for taking this time for yourself. And one for the year to come, invite inspiration with the inbreath, and relax your whole being with the outbreath.
- One one piece of paper Write a list of how you want to feel on December 31st, 2021. Think deeply about what it will feel like if you accomplish what you set out to do in the next 12 months. Be as elaborate as possible: What does it feel like in your body? What does it feel like in your mind? What does it feel like in your spirit?
- Burn this list (safely), and do so as an invitation for the alchemizing power of fire to transform your list from mere wishes into actionable steps. Imagine the light of the flame illuminating the path forward.
- Trust. Yourself firstly, trust that you have all that it takes to get to where you want to go. Trust that with this ritual you have consciously ignited a fire within you, one that will stay alight until that feeling of victory and peace are visceral come time to welcome 2022.
- Celebrate. Dance, sing, laugh, connect with a loved one in whatever means accessible. Share joy, food and drink. Delight in the present moment, for you know many great things are coming.
For additional support, let me share with you a resource I use that may help you stay connected, inspired and accountable on your path toward your short and long term goals:
Becoming Supernatural, by Dr. Joe Dispenza
As the old saying goes: Knowledge is power. This book will prove that sentiment in ways that will surprise you. Dr. Dispenza “draws on research conducted at his advanced workshops since 2012 to explore how common people are doing the uncommon to transform themselves and their lives. Becoming Supernatural marries some of the most profound scientific information with ancient wisdom to show how people like you and me can experience a more mystical life.“ Get your copy today- portal in bio.
Chris and I wish you a peaceful and nothing-short-of magical transition into the new year. And may the generosity of the land accompany on your journey.